I walked into my first Yoga class in 2008 and fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of class which is the relaxation portion also called Savasana (sha-va-sa-nah). It was the first time I genuinely felt relaxed and renewed. After that class, I just knew Yoga was what I needed to begin my healing process. During that time in my life, I was going out a lot, drinking, smoking and distracting myself to stay busy to avoid time to myself – basically avoiding feelings of sadness and anxiety. After more and more classes, I noticed that the energy I was putting into my poses in class was also translating to my personal and work life OFF of my Yoga mat. I was calmer, happier, and excited about my life again. I was beginning to understand that Yoga is a complete mind and body overhaul that extends beyond the 60 minutes. I felt after each class that I was a step closer toward change in the right direction.
I have fallen deeply in love with the study of Yoga, but more importantly, with the study of myself. I know that there is still a lifetime to learn. I am always falling but now I know, that however long it takes and whatever I need to endure, that I am strong enough to get get back up. My intention is to bring that same sense of healing and strength to you, with a sense of peace, love, light and Savasana.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
I graduated with my 200-hour teaching certification in Hatha Yoga from the Yoga Teacher’s Training Institute (YTTI) in Richmond Hill, Queens, co-founded and directed by Ma Mokshapriya Shakti, P.h.D. E-RYT. I have held classes at the following locations:
- Yogashakti Yoga Center – Richmond Hill, NY
- The Red Dawn Combat Club (RDCC) – Fresh Meadows, NY
- Excel Yoga – Bronx, NY
- Project Happy – New York, NY
- Team Takbo (Special Events) – New York, NY
- St. John’s University – Jamaica, NY
- Belmar’s Gym – Greenburgh, NY
- Tournesol Wellness – New York, NY
- Bronx House – Bronx, NY
- Harry S. Truman High School – Bronx, NY
- Sarah Lawrence College – Bronxville, NY
- Odyssey House – Bronx, NY
In addition to teaching Yoga, I have also been called to practice Energy Healing. With the combination of Yoga and my training in Integrated Energy Therapy (I.E.T) and Reiki Level 2, the possibilities of healing are endless! I connect with my clients to provide:
- 60 or 90 minute private or semi-private Yoga classes
- 60 or 90 minute Energy Healing sessions
- 60 or 90 minute private group Yoga classes (for special gatherings & special events)
- 60 or 90 Combination of Energy Healing Yoga (1/2 session Yoga class + 1/2 session Energy Healing)
I know I am here to help you on your journey. If you are looking for an eclectic approach for your healing process and feel like you need to know more, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Appointments can be made via email@example.com.
Thanks for visiting this page and I hope that our paths will cross very soon!
With love, light and health…